Saturday, November 3, 2007

sadness



my dad passed away on monday, october 29th. he was 62 years old and had cancer throughout his body. he was diagnosed in december 2006. after two rounds of chemo and some radiation therapy for a brain tumor his white blood cell count wouldn't rise to allow for more chemo. the chemo kept him stable. after that had to end the cancer did it's worst. thankfully the decline happened relatively quickly. thankfully he was able to hang on and meet his precious little granddaughter. i wish he was still here. it's hard to believe i'll never speak to him again. his memorial service is tuesday, nov 6th. i love you dad!





5 comments:

Q2theT said...

I love you.

suealex said...

I'm so sorry. So very sad.

Jenn said...

I'm sorry for your loss little mama. I'm glad Juney had a chance to know him.

Jennifer said...

Oh Erin, I'm sorry. I happy that June got to meet him and he her. I'm sure he's out there somewhere keeping an eye on his little gals. I'm thinking of y'all...

Unknown said...

Erin,
I'm so sorry. I always remember him as a super nice guy. My condolences to you and the rest of your family. He looks so happy in the pictures. I'm sure he was glad he got to meet his grandaughter and leave her in good hands.
abrazos.